craft artist creative writer book binder entrepreneur

Tuesday 27 June 2017

Adventures of royland -- the supernatural

                       The witch

                 Unexpected love

I got lost yet again in a jungle in south America but this time i was passing through checking out some of the exotic animals and trees when i made my way to an open space of land with lots of swamps and beautiful stones I Bent over to pick up one  of the stones to check out it's shape and design up close, I was not paying attention to my surroundings at the time,   and  I got bitten by  a snake I didn't even know what kind of snake it was . I started to get all  disoriented and started  stumbling around i had  lost all  my food stuff  and all I had left  was  a half canteen of water so as I was  stumbling around to find a river or something, all  the while my body was getting more and more lazy from the snake bite  and in the process of doing so I blacked out.  When I regained consciousness I woke up to the smell of spices and burning wood and a strange woman standing over me, I  was still partly drowsy and just  fell asleep again but as soon as I woke up the second time  this  same woman asked me how I was feeling I replied I was feeling better but I was still confused as  to who she was and  how I got there in the strange  cabin with her taking care of me, so I quickly asked her to please tell me who are you? she  answered and said her name was Robin and she was a healer and herbalist  and that i was in  her home, so i thanked her for saving my life and taking care of me she smiled and tells me to relax  and just let her take care of me until I was able to move around. she said that  she was expecting me  I lift up my head and asked her if she was a witch or something  how could you possibly have been expecting me?   she just smiled  and laugh out loud at my question and replied that  she  was not a which, but that she saw me  from a distance stumbling around  coming in the direction of  her cabin and as I  collapsed on the ground that she brought me  back to the cabin with her truck . I however I was not so  convinced about her answer that easily after all the smell and look of  her  cabin was very strange with bottles of different colorful liquids and spices and leaves all over the place,  I was grateful for the help, But I was still curious about this strange woman however I accepted her help thankfully, and decided to stay with her until I was OK enough to move and be on my way.I was really enjoying my time spent with her after all she was a very beautiful woman and easy to talk to, I asked her how come she  was living alone so far away from the closest nearby town she immediately started crying and told me that she understood why I had  mistaken her for a which because her grandmother and one of her mother's sisters practiced which craft and as a  young girl she was expected  to learn it because it was part of her family's  tradition. So because of the view of  the people in the community she grew up in, she decided to live in isolation and makes money by selling her herbal medicine to people in the small villages nearby. I  apologise for making her uncomfortable with my question but she said that it was OK and wiped her eyes, I  of course was trying not to be judgemental about her background  and that of her family or her profession, after all I was a guest  in her home and she had saved my life the more I spent time with her the more I realize how amazing she was with healing and remedies for virtually everything. She was great at a lot of things From hunting for animals and fishing  to mountain climbing   she was just great, about a week after staying with her I found  myself  beginning to feel more attached to this  strange woman every day we would have long meaningful conversation and learn more about each other, after all there was not much more to do  other than just sitting around waiting to get better, so I asked her if she ever had a family of her own she laughed and said she has a  eleven year old  daughter who stayed with her mother in the city in order to go to shcool and that she visited from time to time.  she then asked me about my family all I told her was about my ex wife and of my  bad love life  so we both started laughing and continued to drink   some of her homemade wine which was amazing a little bit too sweet for me, but it taste amazing never the less.we talked to early hours of the morning  until we fell asleep, when I woke up she was laying on my chest fast asleep I was fascinated with this woman not only did she save my life but she took a liking to me very easily.  As  the day went on I tried to make myself useful around the cabin and to get some exercise as she drives out to sell her herbal medicine in a nearby village, I started to snoop around looking to see what  and if I could learn more about her and I stumbled upon a skull turned upside down I almost drop it out of shock but i quickly put it back before I did something I would regret later when she came back in the evening she immediately came and checked out my  hand that had been bitten by the snake, the swelling and redness was not as bad as a week ago when we met but still painful she changed my bandages and went to making dinner for us, as robin  Bent down on  the floor she picked up the skull and asked me if I moved it I stuttered yes  and that I found it  while looking around and as i looked at her face  i saw  she was very angry that she started to break things all the time not saying a word to me and she just turns to me and started crying and shouting "yes OK  yes I am a witch  at least I use to be one as a teenager my grandmother made me practice the magical arts from a young age and I was very good at it but I hated the way people looked at us like we were evil, I had no friends and no normal life so I gradually moved away from that part of my family. the skull you found belong to my great great grandmother who was a great white witch and a healer to many people in her time, but when she died my great grandmother ,my grandmother and my aunt wrote a spell on the skull so that is why I have been keeping it all these years because it means a lot to my family when I saw that you found it I  thought  that  you would you get disgusted or even scared of me and  that you would want to leave and continue on your journey  I am just tired of people keeping away from me because of misunderstanding me so that is why I got angry when you  had found the skull " I apologize for snooping around and told her that I had never planned on leaving  even if you was a witch, and that I was an open minded person I admitted that I was  shocked at first because I had never met someone like her before Then she calmed down. I explained that I liked staying with her in the cabin, as we had  our dinner later that night, she looks over at me and just pounced on me and started kissing me and the feeling was the same for me as I had fallen in love with this strange  but amazing woman I ended up spending tree more weeks with her going out from time to time to check out the nearby forest as I  had really loved the outdoors. but I still had to go back to my archaeological work, the day I was about to leave her we spent the whole day in each other's arms just doing nothing but eating bits and pieces of fruit and  enjoying each other's company, I decided to leave at night because I wanted to see the nearby villages at night so we derived from the cabin to all the nearby villages stopping at different spots enjoying  some of the culture of local we enjoyed many foods and local wines from across South America at one of the nearby trading hubs. afterwards that I decided to stay with Robin for a few weeks more we spent time getting to more about each other and gradually I loved her even more it was like we were meant for each other Long lost soulmates who had finally found each other I was interested in getting to know her daughter and hopefully becoming apart her life as well about two months more had passed and I finally decided to leave we Left early one morning and headed out to the nearest transport station as me  and Robin  reached a transport station we hugged, kissed and said our goodbyes as I promised to see her again as soon as I am back in south America, and I left for my next work project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment