craft artist creative writer book binder entrepreneur

Saturday 24 June 2017

Adventures of royland-hot*1

         Trip to  volcano island
                Part one

I was heading out to sea once again  but this time  not  for the fish or the ocean view but to look for an island lost to history, it was nicknamed volcano island because of having many small volcanoes taking over the island surface,  and  that a possible tribe settlement still lived there after all these years really excited me, I did not know if they are of the nepelang  people or not but they  are said to be good with their hands and have a rich cultural  lifestyle  and are a very advanced people I wanted to do own experiment with the island.
    I was  very excited about getting to the island and doing my own investigation of  it's tribe's people  , as  my digging crew and I was about thirty minutes out when we saw smoke ascending and what seemed to be old stone walls so we knew that it was still inhabited by people. however we had no idea of knowing if they are the kind of people to be  violent or welcoming to strangers but we were about to find out,
As  soon as we step foot on the beach we saw a little girl coming towards us with flowers in her hands to meet us. At first I  was confused as  to why a child will be running out to meet us but I knew from past  experiences Situations like this can be a test of some kind  from the tribes people for first contact situations, or it can be dangerous trap leading to an ambush of some sort, so I  knelt down to the  small child and accepted the flowers and smiled and I told my  dig crew to do the same .
    And then the islanders came out to meet us with  Spears in one hand and baskets  full of fruits  in the other hand and saying welcome  to us, in our own English  language  but more like a Victorian old style of English they sounded strange saying it with their tribal slang, but we became so relieved that  they are a friendly kind of people,  they now stepped aside for their elders to greet us who  explained that we needed to get inland, away from the sea as they lived  in the middle of the island, as we got closer to the middle of the island  to the settlement  of the tribe I notice that their home was a large  building with some partial nepelang markings. And just as I was getting excited  We were told to stop and wait and follow what  the  elders say.
so I told  my crew to jut follow everything that they are told to do so as  not to needlessly offend anyone,
As we go inside the building I noticed that the we started to walk slowly down a slope,
as it turns out  the building was designed with a slope for a reason as I later learned it was to help gather rain water which was very valuable to the tribes people because of the  continuous hot temperatures of  the island water gets easily evaporated on the island's surface
So they catch the water as the rain falls and would allow it flow down to be stored underground.
     As we get all the way down to my surprise there was a extremely large structure Underground full of rooms and compartments with gold writing on the walls all the way down on both sides as far as can be seen  these people were  more advanced than I thought and without a doubt it was all nepelang language and cultural markings all over  I was very excited to see and learn more.

     
   

No comments:

Post a Comment